ICT Helpdesk, Telecom
and Audiovisual Services
The European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (CEDEFOP) and the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) are two
decentralized Agencies of the EU, established in Greece.
CEDEFOP’s mission is the development of policies that make vocational education and training more attractive for working individuals and people who seek to expand their job qualifications.
ENISA, on the other hand, is seeking to develop a culture of network and information security for the benefit of citizens, consumers, business, and public sector organizations in the EU.
Both Agencies, employing 100-200 employees each, need IT support services to enable their employees to perform their work, and their users to employ their services.
Our engineers provide onsite to the employees of CEDEFOP in Thessaloniki and in Brussels and the employees of ENISA in Athens:
- 1st level IT Support services and call centre services for a multitude of ICT areas spanning from personal computers (desktops, laptops) and peripheral devices (screens, printers, scanner), operating systems, antivirus, compression tools, multimedia utilities, office applications.
- 2nd level support for the aforementioned areas
- Telecom support and daily management of the Telephone installed Basis (TiB) and telecom equipment (phones, faxes, teleconferencing, videoconferencing devices)
- Audio-visual support for conferencing rooms in the premises of the Agencies.
The Agencies enjoy the services of skilled and experienced consultants, in order to fulfill their operational and business needs by:
- Interacting appropriately with the stakeholders in their area of responsibility.
- Protecting sensitive and restricted data and infrastructure.
- Empowering their employees and key users to perform their tasks in the most efficient manner.
- Fulfilling their mission towards the EU citizens.
- Ensuring business continuity against risks/threats such as COVID-19.